Since the celeb photos would not be able to be distinct from any other photos, i'm a little weary of including those at first b/c it could completely take over the group... and intimidate anyone from adding their own wdydwyd photo.
What about this:
1) i make you and admin of the current group (above)
2) you start a new one called (http://www.flickr.com/groups/wdydwyd-celebrities)
3) you make me an admin of that new group
4) we cross-promote each of the flickr groups in the description and make their focus clear
5) and we also make both the blog (for weekly best) and ning site (for collaboration) upfront for people
I think the key is delineating the various sites & groups clearly, and the instructions & language consistent. I'd love to collaborate with you on this if you're up for it.
I am traveling now until next Wednesday, so can't turn my attention to modifying the language on the first flickr group above, but can do that shortly.
Great idea btw! And, if anyone else wants to play an admin/moderating role for either of the flickr sites, just step up and say so. Collaboration can amplify all our efforts.