wdydwyd?

Once and For All We Are Going to Tell you Who We are.. so Shut up and Listen

During the production, one actor said, "I don't want to bel ike my parents.. to do thigns like them... but sometimes, I find I can't help but do things the same way." This really stood out to me because I've gone through the stage of experimenting and rebelling against my comformiteis and family. What do you think of this line? What expectations/cultural practices/obligations limit you?

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think children almost always rebel against their parent's profession and morals at some point in their lives, but eventually realize an innate need to follow in their parents' footsteps.
I've had the incredible luck to have two wonderful parents I am forever grateful for.  That being said, I have gone through phases of rebellion where I wanted to do things my way.  After much experience, I've realized that they do things a certain way because it works.  I believe we rebel a mechanism for growing and experimenting, but beyond that we often end up realizing that we are just being silly, and there are more important things to worry about than whether we are too much like our parents.  Rather we should focus on if are taking the steps to become people we can look back and chuckle, smile, and be love.
Personally I would love to rebel.  To go out and do whatever I want to do.  But for me I do not know what I want to do and so going out onto the world would just scare me.  I like knowing that I have a safety net.  I feel like that is a big part of my generation just like we learned in class.  We were pampered by our parents with tennis lessons and SAT prep so everything was perfectly laid out for us.  We had no idea what it would be like to go out on an adventure with nothing holding you back.  Now everyone has an obligation to work hard just like your parents worked hard to take care of you.  I would hate to disappoint my family and that holds me back to rebelling against life and everything I know.

RSS

Share with others!

unique visitors

Project History | contact

Latest Activity

Harold C. posted photos
Apr 29
Profile Iconcbadrcdra76 cbadrcdra76 and Harold C. joined wdydwyd?
Apr 25
Georgin Bin Mohd is now a member of wdydwyd?
Mar 5
Steven Marlow Aka Vlad added 2 pages to the group Dusty Love Tribe UK
Mar 2
Steven Marlow Aka Vlad commented on Steven Marlow Aka Vlad's page Dusty Love Tribe Winter Gathering 23/02/19 in the group Dusty Love Tribe UK
Thumbnail
Mar 2
Steven Marlow Aka Vlad commented on Steven Marlow Aka Vlad's group 'Dusty Love Tribe UK'
Mar 2
Steven Marlow Aka Vlad posted a group
Thumbnail

Dusty Love Tribe UK

We are a community of Utopian dreamers who believe in bringing about positive change through human…See More
Jan 29
Steven Marlow Aka Vlad is now a member of wdydwyd?
Jan 16

© 2019   Created by Tony Deifell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

unique visitors