Who do you work so hard for?

Ever since I was a child my mother encouraged me to pursue a career in the medical field. I was never really passionate about a particular field of study, however it seems as if my parents motivation has made me much more passionate about becoming a doctor. I work for myself, but I work equally as hard to accomplish the goals my parents have set forth for me. It is my passion to become a doctor, however as a son it is my duty to fulfill my parents wishes.

You need to be a member of wdydwyd? to add comments!

Join wdydwyd?

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was majoring in art till highschool, but now I am a math major student in UCLA. When I was young, I thought I will be a designer in the future.... I didnt study ay other field but art... however after I get to know about math, I just loved it... I didnt hesitate to change my major I could regret if I didnt change my major... So I work had because I dont want to regret that I changed my major..
  • I work hard for myself and my loved ones. If my hard work was directly related to only myself, I wouldn't be able to do it anyway. From families and friends' support, I am able to do what I do and work hard in appriation to their help and concern.
  • My parents motivated me throughout my life to work my hardest. In part, I work to make them proud. Mostly, I am intrinsically motivated to pursue success, for I want to live a respectable, successful, and good life.
  • I work hard mainly because of my parents. They have done so much for me and my sisters that I want for them to be able to live comfortably in the future. I owe them everything I have, and also because I want to be successful.
  • None of my parents ever tell me to work so hard for them. They end up telling me to work hard for my future. But looking into the future, I need to help support my family and even so I still work hard for them. 19 years ago my parents came to the United States to do their graduate degree. My mom in Cornell and my dad in Syracuse. Apparently when they found out they had me in my mother's stomach, only my father was finished with his graduate degree and my mom didn't. She decided to drop out of school and move to California (where they are today) with my dad because his work was there. My mother ended up dropping out of school because of me. The motivation for me to go on in college is to finish college/grad school for my mother. I was cause of her dropping out of med school. Even though I wasn't forced to go to college, but I thought it was my duty to do so, being thankful of actually giving birth to me.
  • seriously though, i do it for myself and my family. I want to lead a great life, and i am working in that direction. I try and stay out of trouble and work hard also to keep my parents free from worry. Im their first child so they were really worried about me when i left for college, and i dont want them to
  • I work hard for myself. I believe I do what I do to satisfy what I want to do in life. I take action to do what I want to do.
  • I work for a variety of people. Of course, i always have myself in mind, but i also work hard to please those around me. I do not like to disappoint people, and i try to do the best that i can, so that not only my parents, but also my friends and peers can be proud of me, and my accomplishments.
  • I work hard because I want to succeed in life. I want to be able to support my family and my parents in the future. I feel I need to pay my parents back for everything they've done and will do for me.
  • I work hard for my family. Seeing my mom suffer so hard trying to make my life so much better, I want to see her see me succeed and do whatever I want in life. I also work hard for myself because I want the best future that I can build for myself. :)
This reply was deleted.

unique visitors