Replies

• I chose Paco Pena because I love Latin culture, and Madea because I love Annette Bening and have enjoyed her past movies. And I have yet to see Gal Costa but I chose to see her because she sounded very well-known in Spanish culture.
  • I chose my performances completely based on the descriptions. I saw Medea, which was definitely different from what I'm used to. I had some trouble understanding what was going on half of the time, but I think it was overall a pretty good performance (despite the weird contemporary stuff they had going on). I'm going to see the Bela Fleck, Husssain, and Meyer performance this Thursday! I'm pretty excited - I've heard a lot of good things about them. I'm also going to watch Ontroerend Goed... I have no idea how that one's going to turn out, so that will be my experimental one.
  • I've seen Medea and Hofesh, and so far they have been completely different from anything I have ever seen before. I chose the ones I did because I really wanted to step out of my comfort zone, because when else will I have the chance to see these performances as part of a class? I'm also going to the Belgium teenagers one.

What are people doing for their fourth performance/art thing?
  • I went and say Madea and in my classic 20 Roman History class we were talking all about early Roman and Greek theater and since this was a Greek story I thought it would be good going to a play where I had some background. The play was very good and I could see the culture tie in as I watched.
  • I saw Medea and am going to see the Irish black comedy and Ontroerend Goed. I thought Medea had great props and sound, and the plot was very meaningful, but i thought that the some of the conversations were too elaborate and prolonged. And I'm watching the other two performances because of their descriptions - they both seemed to be pretty appealing and interesting.
  • I just went to Hofesh last night....the first half wasn't too bad...but the second part?! "contemporary" =]
    is anyone going to Bela Fleck, Hussain, and Meyer on thursday?
    • Yep! Really looking forward to it. My parents have seen Hussain perform and said he's brilliant
    • That's encouraging! I've heard good reviews.....
  • I'm going to DV8, Warszawa, and Ralph Stanley. I choose them cus their descriptions, especially DV8, are really interesting to me. And of course they fit my schedule perfectly.
  • Medea was actually pretty good. At first I thought it was a little weird but it was a rather powerful play. No wonder Dr. Winter recommended it so much
This reply was deleted.

unique visitors