because we all becoming selfish...we don't have time for sharing anything with anyone and than blame everyone that they don't care about our feelings and thoughts...that's why it's getting harder and harder to built a freiendship or powerful personal relationships...cause we don't care...don't care about even names of our classmates,we live in our own little world,where nobody matters,but us...

You need to be a member of wdydwyd? to add comments!

Join wdydwyd?

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ye...why do we need friends?why do we make them?if we want to do something we always find opportunities to do it,and if we don"t-we always find excuses...it's harder with age to allow people get closer to you,harder to make friends,you become sceptical,overprotective of yourself(I better will not take anybody close,so i will not be hurt),but at the end it's the same door-you close it for pain or unpleasant things,you close it for love and happiness too...friendship and relationships are about giving,when it's honestly makes you happier to give,rather than take
  • Its just hard to keep up with everything. Life are passing by fast and you want to get the most out of it. People find their spot and stay in that spot for a while as long as they are comfortable in that spot or until they get bored and they find a different spot.
    I am trying to socialize as much as possible and experience other people's lives. All in all, we live with each other and communicate with one another and therefore we do need to be concern to other people's thoughts, feelings, abilities, talent and more.
  • I think that the reason for not sharing thoughts with others depends on the person. Some may not open to others so easily and may need to get to know their audience better to open up. Others may not even want to share their thoughts with others because they believe their lives are private (the 'selfish' perspective I suppose). And then there are those who are just apathetic. And I think a lot of people fall under the last category. They may just not care at all, too busy with their own lives to give a passing concern about the lives of others. It may be selfish, but its mostly the fact that they straight up may not be interested in the first place.
    I suppose a way to overcome this is to have an open mind and bear the fact that we live WITH one another and not among one another.
  • ps....your daughter (the little girl in your picture, yeah?) is adorable!
  • because it takes a while to understand how this website works and exactly how our assignments are supposed to be done. and personally, at times i am hesitant to ask questions because it doesn't seem as though we will always get answer. mainly, people are just too busy. too wrapped up in there own lives.
  • I find that if you give anyone the chance you can really find something amazing/mind-blowing/sublime in everyone. Even the kid that could give a rats ass about your feelings has something in his/her story that could enrich your life. Its finding the beauty in everything. Its like a game that is played your whole life and never gets old.

On the subject of knowing peoples names: I understand the social concept that to remember and honor another persons name is to respect them but I have had numerous encounters in my life with "nameless" people. To this day I can recall their face, their attitude, the lesson they taught me and even in some instances their smell. But I dont remember their names. This fact does not make me sad. In fact it does the opposite. It excites me that such profound encounters are possible.
  • It is true that we live in our own little world. Since we already have made our own comfortable friends to have lunch, study, and hang out together, we are not that excited or willing to make a new friend. When I was a freshman, I tried to get closer to my classmates, because everyone is so new and I haven't made my friends yet. But now, I have my own friends, so I don't feel a desperate need to make new friends. For me, making friends is really hard. I'm not an outgoing person who would first come up and talk (I even have a phobia to talk in class, so I hate a class that requires a participation point). It takes a long time to open my heart and get close. I envy people who are outgoing and not awkward even at the first acquaintance. Of course, I am very comfortable, funny, and sometimes get crazy in front of my friends, but I wanna be like this anytime to anyone.

By the way, like other classmates have posted here, I agree that our generation has a pretty open mind, because we express ourselves and communicate each other through twitter, facebook, blogging, or aim. Without these social networking sites, I am not sure how I can keep in touch with all my friends and still stay close even though we can't see each other. It sometimes could be the best way to socialize and contact each other in this busy society, because we all have different schedules and life.
  • Another class... another section... it doesn't really seem worth it to try and branch out anymore. Most of the people I meet I never see again. That's what I've thought for the last year or two. Being in South Campus classes where there is no participation grade I feel like it really seems as though there isn't too much of a point. But hey it's not like meeting people is detrimental to yourself, so maybe it's time for me and everyone else to break the habit.
  • Alyssa, I think I can relate to your response the most. I also feel uncomfortable voicing my opinions sometimes because I'm not sure how others will take it.

Anyway to answer the discussion question, I think it's hard to build new friendships with others because we are so comfortable in our own group of friends that we feel as if we don't need to make any more. If that makes sense? I also agree with the person who said we are a very private generation because people do tend to keep to themselves when they are in a new and unknown environment.
  • Hi Natalia & fellow classmates! =]

I just read all your comments right now. I've been down with the flu the past few days so I've been in bed or in class (barely). Hope you guys are feeling well and that I don't get you sick!

But I agree with how our generation is very private, but it's actually very open too. With Facebook and Twitter and bloggings, people can access your personal information easily. I can probably find out your hometowns and birthdays before I really get to meet you in person. We're private in the sense that we don't confront each other and start up small conversations. I just keep quiet to myself in class unless I know someone and then I would sit next to them and whatnot. But other than that, it's hard for me to approach someone new and just start talking. I'd be glad to talk to you if you come up to me but I wouldn't be the one that makes the first move.
This reply was deleted.

unique visitors