Replies

• How about adjusting the language to be topic specific. WDYDWYD Because bugs are..., because when you add... Because when you magnify... Because numbers are... Because ______ plus______ equals, etc.
    You could take their pictures with a digital camera and print them out and have them draw and write on them. Or better yet have them draw themselves doing whatever it is and then write on it answering a math science type spin on the question. You could have them draw themselves doing one of the activities you do in class and then answer wdydwyd.
    Or you could pose it as a set in time question... Why are you doing what you are doing today and tie it into you subject matter with a statistics lesson- how many people said... or have them ask someone in their family (like Tony's experience) and do a lesson around the answers.
    • Great ideas Athena! I love it. Mary, if you end up trying any of these (or others), I'd love to hear how it works. Teachers often look for good ideas from other teachers, so your experience would help others.
    • Hey, Thanks for the ideas. We are working on fractions now and I see potential here. Thanks.
This reply was deleted.

unique visitors