ROLES (who's the lead on what)

List of key camp components & who will take lead. (post below & I'll update summary list) ASSIGNED:
> Shower structure & greywater — Lead: Randy (who is a space engineer at JPL. It will be the most advanced shower to ever hit the playa.) > Power — Lead: Michael Barton (quiet generator for camp & box, marine battery, charger, plenty of cords) > Carpet — Lead: ?? (Michael said someone had volunteered to bring remnants - name?) > wdydwyd — Tony & Mardie (68-foot exhibit at Center Camp, Polaroid shoot & Group photo shoot <--new!) > "map" of the camp space for the person who gets there early and claims space (Dan Le Roy) > GEODOME: set up & tear down — Lead: Hope-alicious (help: Vince) > GEODOME: Decorations — Lead: Michael Barton (help: Vince, other?) includes: 35 strands of purple, 25 strands of yellow, 10 strands of multicolor LED lights (run all night on battery), some fur and blinkie shit. "very pretty in purple!!" Also Max Bruce & Carlos will bring very chi-chi designer fabric swatches (about 30 1,5 yard sq pieces). > GEODOME: Sound system — Lead: Max Bruce > GEODOME: Accessories — Lead: Michael Barton. (Includes table & extra 10’x10’ shade tent if needed) > Omelet breakfast — Lead: Vince (and the "PizzaSlutsOnHiatus" crew!)
NEED VOLUNTEERS!!:
> Party (see link) — (who wants to help coordinate?) > Party (music/DJ) — Lead: ?? (I have a feeler out to some art cars with sound systems that might agree to park for 2-hrs. Anyone else know a good art car with sound system that might do this?) > Party (booze) — Lead: ?? > Clean-up/MOOPing — Lead: ?? (we'll all help clean up the common-camp space, but it helps to have a person who would volunteer to just do a final sweep to make sure we're "leaving no trace") > WHAT IS MISSING — ??
If you have something you would like to bring to contribute to the camp overall, post below and I'll add it to the list. All the guys from PizzaSlutsOnHiatus rule! Can't wait to meet you all.

You need to be a member of wdydwyd? to add comments!

Join wdydwyd?

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Hopalicious. I'll be there by mid day Monday and can help with Dome. We got it done pretty quickly last year. We'll need to add lighting as it goes up also.
  • Max, here. Regarding dome sound:

I have a boombox which outputs decent power and it is ipod/cd/mp3 disc ready. It runs on a.c or batteries, (I bring LOTS of rechageables) and should do the job for the dome. It will come up with the monday L.A. RV. It's modest but loud and super convenient (different inputs). Now if you wanted to throw a PARTAY at the camp, you might want something with a liitle more oomph and a lot more work. Let me know either way.

ALSO

Carlos and I will also be sending up a ton of very chi-chi designer fabric swatches (about 30 1,5 yard sq pieces) which would look great hanging from the dome or just lying on the ground, I'll include heavy duty safety pins and ties,
    • That's awesome... fabric swatches! So, if our old playa receiver works, we'll try to bring if room allows.
  • Carpet - Momma lead, general task for LA boys, transported in Momma's hippie van.
    Our center dome is going to be very pretty in purple!!
  • i could come a little early, if necessary, but i'll have my ride with me. so that's two of us that could help.
  • who's staking out our camp spot? (Dan Le Roy?)
    and what about seating?

i'll bring some good mixes of music. Tony do you still have your stereo & speakers?
  • Dan (Le Roy) - doing the "map" of the camp

Max Bruce - Geodome Stereo? or sound system? (Is there a difference?)

Vince - omelet breakfast

Michael B - Carpet
  • heyo this is Vince one of the PizzaSlutsOnHiatus: I can def. help out with the dome set up and decoration. I have not set up a dome before but take direction well and know the working end of a screwdriver. Michael mentioned you may need someone to arrive on Sunday. That would be possible for me just let me know and I can coordinate things on my end. Really looking forward to seeing everyone.
This reply was deleted.

unique visitors