Replies

• I think we should focus on only photos from Burningman, but it doesn't matter which year, we could include all years. Do you have email addys from all the photographers who participated in the burningman wdydwyd? Perhaps we should just do an open call for photos from burningman and see what surfaces? Do you know if anyone recorded any audio at BM for the wdydwyd?

I don't know if the Soulard Art Market gallery is large enough to show a video.
  • On Sep 5, 2008, at 1:31 PM, Jane LInders wrote:

As for the exhibit in St. Louis. I think we should pick the top 100 images from burningman and contact the photographers. We'll ask them to print out an 8 x10 of their image and mail it to me (along with a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of their image). The images will be pinned to the wall of the Soulard Art Market(too expensive for everyone to ship framed images, plus there's glass breakage, blah, blah, blah) for approximately one month. We'll have an opening reception , complete with art bikes from St. Louis' local banana bike brigade. All participating photographers are welcome to attend the opening reception.

It would be great to get some audio of burningman wdydwyd for the opening reception.

what do you think?

Jane Linders
    www.freewebs.com/janelinders

I love your idea of the exhibit and how to do it. So, you want to focus on:1) photos from this year on the playa?
    2) photos since 2004 on the playa?
    3) photos from the playa plus others uploaded to wdydwyd? (six panels of which were on the CC display)

Depending on which you want, it may change how easy it is to get the images.

Alternatively, I have the panels that were on display at CC. They're aren't terribly heavy, so may ship fine. You could chose a handful that fits your space well.

I love the idea of doing audio! Two collaborating artists (Whit & Dave) shot video this year on the playa... maybe that could be used for the opening reception too.

I definitely think it would be great to actually do the project at the reception... find a kick-ass photographer or two to take on the shooting.

Let me know your thoughts.

This reply was deleted.

unique visitors