BM 2009 - idea for making art

Hey all, I was thinking of pushing the boundaries a bit this year... the signs are cool and all, but I've been seeing people copy that for other projects. So, I was thinking that it could be cool to get people to write their answer with a sharpie or body paint on their skin, and then the collaborating artist would make an image of that. (We'd still need releases somehow, though). Or, maybe there are other directions it could go. The only parameter is that it is a text + image treatment. What do others think? Here's an example of 3 similar type images.

You need to be a member of wdydwyd? to add comments!

Join wdydwyd?

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Super Fun!!!
    Maybe some play with the verbal approach...
    The Body in Cog-Sci/Linguistic terms (Lakoff etc)
    is one of the primary metaphors of experiential reality- the container metaphor-
    ex: I experience myself as having an inside and an outside the boundary being my skin.
    Where that boundary is drawn being arbitrary and projected on the 'other'... For example in a landscape it is called 'field of view'
    I think that the photos are direct, it might be fun to in addition spin off the wording in a way that expands the image solutions.
  • sounds good! the body no matter what size or shape is a great canvas.
  • Tony, I think this is a great idea. More challenge = More reward !
  • Oh I like this. I think it would be quite popular with a lot of the people there.
This reply was deleted.

unique visitors