(please post feedback and I'll modify the following instructions)
Great FEATURES about Groups:
1) Connects everyone in your group in a forum
2) Send message just your group (great way to keep in touch with them)
3) Get notified when your invitees join
4) New people can discover your group when they come to wdydwyd
1) Set up a Group that is titled with the name of your community (could be a school like "UCLA," or a city like "Las Vegas," or an event like "Burning Man," or a the name of your blog.
2) Edit the Group Intro to explain your project and instruct people to upload their wdydwyd submission and add a UNIQUE TAG (that you make up).
3) Start a discussion just so it doesn't look blank when people arrive
4) INVITE people through the "Invite" menu within your Group. That way, you will be notified when people join, whom you've invited.
5) As people you invite upload images, you should create an album for your wdydwyd project by filtering for the UNIQUE TAG. (periodically add to this album. Albums have a max of 50 pics right now - but here's a workaround.)
6) Get slide show widget (from inside your Album) that you can put on your blog, facebook, etc. Also, add this to the Group Intro you just created.
(pls post any corrections, clarifications I can add to these steps. thanks!)