Last year I discovered this website whilst working on a digital self portrait project with my 9th and tenth grade students. It was such a great way to show them portraiture that incorporated text and was displayed on the web. I was really not concerned about having students post their work or their images online because they are all so dialed in already with Facebook and Myspace. This was a great project to show them appropriate use of technology, graphic design applications, and the internet. This year I am at a new school, in a new country, with a lot more technology and resources available. Although I taught a digital imaging course here this fall we unfortunately did not get to the WDYDWYD portrait project. I am really looking forward to incorporating this lesson into the graphic design courses next year. I think this is a great teaching resource for students in the Design or Visual Arts fields. It is a real-time example of how to place text and graphics in a public content. Teachers, if you have any questions or want to discuss anything drop me a note.

You need to be a member of wdydwyd? to add comments!

Join wdydwyd?

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow. This is great Mikhayla. I wish I had a teacher like you when I was in school!
This reply was deleted.

unique visitors