A thoughtful beginning...

I am the only visual arts teacher at Randall K. Cooper High School in KY - a brand new high school (we just opened in August '08). I am giving this assignment in all of my classes...Advanced Art, Digital Photo, and Graphic Design. My students are beyond excited. They will be interviewing at least 4 people connected with the school, and they will create work in a variety of media and create answers to the WDYDWYD question. In addition, they will also respond by answering the question artistically themselves. Already, my students have made faculty members respond to the interviews in a vulnerable way - at least two people have cried, and we just started yesterday. We are attempting to begin new traditions at RCHS, and I hope to have my students create a slideshow for the seniors to be viewed at graduation festivities. It is my hope to continue this with every future senior class.

You need to be a member of wdydwyd? to add comments!

Join wdydwyd?

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sarah, wow, what a great idea to build the project to culminate toward graduation. Very cool. I look forward to see how it comes together.

If you ask people to tag their photos "RCHS," then it will be easy for you to create one image gallery with all the images from your school, which then you and/or your students can post on any website and it will run as a slide show. If you're unsure how to do that after fiddling around on the site a little, just let me know and I'll explain more.
This reply was deleted.

unique visitors